Re: GR status

Anthony Towns wrote:

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:46:42PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:35:17PM -0600, Chris Lawrence wrote:
Uh, some of us were actually around before the social contract... and I'm pretty sure nobody ever asked me if *I* agreed to it.
Uh, what? I thought it was introduced with the agreement of all the
current developers.

Well, they certainly asked: see the -private archives (in
particular the message of 5 Jul 1997 by Bruce Perens, Message-Id:
<m0wkMzf-00IS1iC@golem.pixar.com>. A number of people had reservations,
and a number disapproved outright. A supermajority approved though.

My basic point was that nobody was kicked out of the project who *disagreed* with the SC, and I'm pretty sure agreement with the SC wasn't a formal requirement to become a DD until the new maintainer reorganization/formalization/whatever a few years back. (I honestly don't remember expressing an opinion at the time either way. I was probably too busy working on the m68k port and being a manual build daemon to care...)

Chris, playing devil's advocate or in the street or something