Re: thoughts on potential outcomes for non-free ballot

On 2004-01-24 18:16:01 +0000 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

On top of that, we used to distribute shareware. We stopped -- that's
not useless to our users, but indicates something about our existing
practices.
On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 06:11:53PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
Was there a change in current practices to cause it, or is it just a choice?
I'm not sure -- this is an old memory.

It seems from recent discussion on this list that it is an incorrect one. (Please switch off your attribution mangler.)

Anyways, I'm dropping this issue, and am working on a redraft
of my proposal which doesn't include that phrase.

Thank you! Why?

Please will you reintroduce the phrase "The software in these directories [contrib and non-free] is not part of the Debian system"?

Please will you agree to propose your changes to sections 1-4 (at least) as an amendment to the editorial GR rather than the remove non-free GR?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at