Re: non-free and users?

Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
Remi Vanicat wrote:

But we will act non-ethical when we Will drop it, because there people
who need it know, as it is, with no modification.

Dropping non-free program X from Debian will not destroy the program. It will still exist: upstream, package maintainer, those who downloaded it will not lost their copies.

There is no harm in this action.

Some people want to make us think that software is like a thing (like a car or table). After they state this they usually start to cry: you steal my program! But we know the difference between car and program. If I made a copy from your program, you still have your copy. But it works in reversed direction too: if I delete my copy of your program, you still have yours.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov