Re: non-free and users?

Raul Miller wrote:

Shouldn't the real question be "Is distributing non-free compatible with Debian developer ethics?"

What are these ethics which conflict with the current form of the social
contract we require every developer to be familiar with?

However, maybe you have some insight into this issue that I'm missing?

I'm not a great speaker. Perhaps you can find someone who is able to enlight you.

My vision is based on the fact that most users do not care about software freeness. Most of them are not acquainted with such complicated issue as software freeness, source codes etc. So, educated in this area software developer(distributor) is more responsible for the software which he provides. Especially if he is well known and popular.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov