Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:45:51PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I have seen it posited that dropping non-free is inherently a disservice
> to our users, whom we purport to serve.  It is the people in the Debian
> Project who are empowered to make this decision, and authority exercised
> to the deliberate deteriment of those who should be served or protected
> by, it is an abuse of that authority.

Yeah, power without responsibility would be bad.

In the context of this decision about users, a major piece of that
responsibility involves making sure that we have good reasons behind
the decisions we make.

In particular, I really wish you spent more of your debian-vote writing
time on rational arguments pertaining to those reasons instead of this
other stuff you're doing.

Please?

--
Raul