Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 03:30:58AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:20:14 -0500, Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> said:
> > On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 12:33:13AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> Because, unlike you, I think that Debian is special, and amazing,
> >> and so are the people who put it together.
>
> > That those people may be "special" and "amazing" doesn't necessarily
> > mean they're "good", as we've seen from your replies to my messages
> > to this list and others over the years.  I be must quite a liability
> > to the Project.  :)
>
> 	Yet another illfounded leap of illogic. When, pray, have I
>  said anything about you, or other, being, or not being, good, and
>  what exactly does it have to with the topic at hand?

For me to be able to answer this question, I'll have to know whether you
consider being "good" to be incompatible with actions that tend to
elicit direct personal critiques from for deliberately bad reasoning or
dishonesty[1].  I personally tend to use the stridency with which I am
accused of bad actions as a rough guide to the level of esteem in which
I am held.  However, this may not be an accurate metric when it comes to
your assessments.

Please advise.

[1] I probably would, myself -- hence the wry remark.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"