Re: [Proposal] Updating the Social Contract

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 11:57:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> If we're amending the social contract and keeping non-free, I think we should
> amend:
>
>   1. Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software
>
>      We promise to keep the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution entirely free
>      software.

Good point.

My interpretation here is that "100% Free" refers to "satisfying all
our guidelines" rather than "everything we do".  Otherwise, we'd have to
get rid of debian private, and any other form of privacy [for example,
in the context of security], which I don't think most of us want.

However, I think this change would require an explicit statement about
how extremely important that free software is.

Thanks,

--
Raul