[Proposal] Updating the Social Contract

This is based on my current understanding of the issues behind the
current discussion about non-free.

I propose we amend section 5 of the social contract so that it reads:

  5. Programs That Don't Meet Our Free-Software Standards

     We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of programs
     that don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We
     have created "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our FTP archive for
     software which satisfies our Free Redistribution guideline but not
     all our other guidelines.  The software in these directories is an
     optional supplement to the Debian OS which is available from the
     "main" are of our FTP archive.  Thus, although non-free software
     isn't the point of Debian, we support its use, and we provide
     infrastructure (such as our bug-tracking system and mailing lists)
     for non-free software packages.

If you think this is a bad idea, please explain what you see that need
to be solved, and suggest how to make it better.

--
Raul