Re: Draft for a non-fee poll (Was: Re: Let's vote already...)

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 08:16:52PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 07:41:27PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Uhm, if it was not a GR proposal, then why did your message[13] say
> > > "non-free removal GR draft"?
> >
> > Please check the meaning of the word "draft" in the dictionary. Sure, i
> > don't have the chance to be a native english speaker, but assuredly, a
> > draft (or a brouillon in french) is something quite different from the
> > finished thing, and something which can be used to express the ideas
> > without all the needed administrativia which could be done later.
>
> But I believe you don't vote on drafts, you vote on the 'real' thing.
>
> I (and probably others) however had the impression that you actually
> wanted people to vote on something that was *not* a GR proposal, but
> merely a poll to gauge interest.

Yep. But then you all said this was stupid or something, that we were
loosing time, and ... So, i actually changed minds, and was going to try
doing a real proposal or something, but as i perfectly know that my
writing is not of the style needed to do a formal proposal, i was a bit
informal first, trying to get first the idea right, before doing the
real thing, and propose it.

> Sorry if I misread you.

No problem.

Friendly,