Re: [Proposal] Updating the Social Contract

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:27:14AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Although I don't see anything wrong with your wording, I don't see what
> this amendment would actually get us if it succeeded.  The wording still
> leaves open the question of whether "we have created [sections on
> our ftp site]" means "we must keep these sections on our ftp site".  The
> wording change also does not seem to address any of the reasons users
> currently perceive non-free as part of Debian.

Noted.  Sven raised much the same issue.

At this point, I'm aware of three flaws in this proposal:

[1] It doesn't even suggest a migration towards more free software.

[2] It doesn't mention LSB, which it probably should.

[3] I didn't sign the proposal.

I'm going to wait a day or so to see if anyone else indicates any
other flaws.  If no one else has written up a better proposal by
then, I'll update the one I submitted.

Thanks,

--
Raul