Re: summary of software licenses in non-free

On 2004-01-10 12:41:48 +0000 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

It would be interesting to split into classes "no commercial", "no modification", "patent", "compatibility", "notification" and "other" at first glance.
what is compatibility for ?

Packages that you are allowed to modify, distribute or similar, but must retain compatibility with some published standard or the original version.

Also, "classes" is incorrect, as some will be in more than one. I should have suggested sets.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at