Re: Draft for a non-fee poll (Was: Re: Let's vote already...)

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:17:39AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:26:30PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ok, will you help me draft something, i am not really a good
> > administrative writer, but was thinking about something like :
> > ---- begin of draft Poll to be submitted to vote ----
> Why would we want something non-binding?  I cannot think of a single
> situation in which that will actually resolve anything.

Uh, that's the whole point -- you do non-binding things when you're
not ready to resolve them.

That's useful for working out what you want we want to do; eg questions
that arise from "removing non-free" that haven't been resolved yet
include: keep or drop contrib, drop all of non-free or just restrict
it more than we do atm, is anyone going to setup a separate archive for
non-free stuff.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.