Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:45:57PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2004, at 19:59, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > I don't see anything there which which would justify forcing people to
> > > not support non-free.
>
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:05:31PM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> > Well, nothing is _forcing_ someone else not to.
>
> That's the point of this vote, isn't it?  To get people to
> stop putting any further effort into "non-free"?

Nope.  As I understand it, the point is to make it clear that such
effort does not directly and effectively further the goals of the Debian
Project -- the first and foremost of which is that "Debian Will Remain 100%
Free Software"[1].

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only