Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 06:02:56PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Sheesh, then read the sentence without it already.

That sentence still a strawman argument without "absolutely": "needs to
be on an APT source with debian.org in it" is a strawman argument as well.

That sentence doesn't make grammatical sense without "needs".

Are you trying to get me to agree that alternative mechanisms are viable?

I could agree that there is no need to install debian at all -- a network
developer could instead install gentoo, and instead of typing
	apt-get install doc-rfc
they could type
	wget -r -np http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc-index.html

But the question being addressed was about usefulness, not about need.
Which is why need -- and, especially, absolute need -- is a strawman
argument.

--
Raul