Re: [AMENDMENT BR3] GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 04:11:35AM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Hmm, I've always thought of the DFSG as *part of* the Social Contract.
> The Social Contract says:
>    As there are many definitions of free software, we include the
>    guidelines we use to determine if software is "free" below.
[...]
> Last time I checked, the Debian Free Software Guidelines were a part
> of the Debian Social Contract.  I'm not sure why the rationale for your
> proposed amendment doesn't explicitly acknowledge this.

Well, then, shouldn't this amendment be accepted?  We can ensure that
this interpretation gets "read into the record", as it were.

It is Manoj's proposal that treats the two documents disjunctively.  If
that's incorrect, it should be fixed.

You'll note the BR1 amendment doesn't treat them separately.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Any man who does not realize that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    he is half an animal is only half a