Re: [AMENDMENT BR3] GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:16:06PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> It occurs to me that there are some people who may wish to afford the
> Debian Social Contract the opportunity of a 25% minority veto, but not
> wish to extend this to the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

Last time I checked, the Debian Free Software Guidelines were a part
of the Debian Social Contract.  I'm not sure why the rationale for your
proposed amendment doesn't explicitly acknowledge this.

> I do not, however, see why a 3:1 supermajority should be required to
> modify a document with as narrow a focus as the DFSG has.

Hmm... given that the DFSG have been the prototypical definition for
"Open Source", I find this inability to see on your part rather bemusing.

--
Raul