Re: [AMENDMENT BR3] GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:16:06PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I propose the following amendment:
>
> -   5.2 The Foundation Documents are the works entitled "Debian
> -       Social Contract" and "Debian Free Software Guidelines".
> +   5.2 The Foundation Document is the work entitled "Debian
> +       Social Contract".

Hmm, I've always thought of the DFSG as *part of* the Social Contract.
The Social Contract says:
   As there are many definitions of free software, we include the
   guidelines we use to determine if software is "free" below.

Note the use of "include".  The Social Contract includes the DFSG.
So in a way I agree with this amendment, but for completely different
reasons.

Richard Braakman