Re: [AMENDMENT BR2] GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:44:37AM -0400, Simon Law wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:04:28AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >         Do people think that we should only supercede foundation
> >  documents, and never modify them? I would not be averse to preserving
> >  a historical record.
>
> 	I think we should never modify them.  It should be possible to
> put margin notes that explain what we mean, but modifying them should be
> forbidden.  This preserves the historical record and keeps us honest.
> I would hate to see a Foundation Document modified silently -- it would
> make for a big scandal.

I concur with Simon.  If we go to the trouble of issuing a statement
under this procedure then we should "externalize" the visibility of any
revisions.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Lowery's Law:
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    If it jams -- force it.  If it