[OT] Re: prize dept

Forgot to include the list ...

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:48:01AM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:27:24PM -0400, Christine Stockdale wrote:
> > So,  where's the prize?
>
> Does anyone know what's going on?  This is the third on this list.
> Is someone running a scam with our name on it?  Is it fallout from
> a new worm?

I strongly believe these emails (and also those purporting to be from
very, /very/ new Windows users, e.g. "My XP says I need driver?  Where
from?<EOM>") to be email gathering ploys to catch addresses from
/definately/ live accounts.

I suggest they be classified as spam for the purposes of any
learning filtering software you're using.

jc