Re: our users as one of our priorities

#include <hallo.h>
* Branden Robinson [Thu, Feb 27 2003, 04:25:34AM]:

> > can you tell me what "Our Users" in #4 of the social contract means?
> > Since Debian is not a market-share-seeking organization, we don't care
> > about people who don't use Debian, so it seems a tautology.
>
> I think it means that we need to listen to and be accountable to our
> users.  This means helping our users to get the most of our system,
> following up on bug reports, and improving the system to benefit them.

Funny to hear it from someone still refusing to change few things to
improve useability on _small_ costs of mental consistency (remember
x-session-manager story).

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.