Re: our users as one of our priorities

* Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> [2003-02-27 12:48]:
> can you tell me what "Our Users" in #4 of the social contract means?
> Since Debian is not a market-share-seeking organization, we don't care
> about people who don't use Debian, so it seems a tautology.

You say that "we don't care about people who don't use Debian".
However, you assume that we *do* care about people who *do* use
Debian.  While many might share this assumption, it is nothing
natural.  Some people might argue that we should not care about people
who "merely" use Debian, but only about those who actually contribute
to it.

The SC therefore says that we (that is, the Debian Project as a whole)
do care about users (and not only about developers for example).

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com