Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 02:27:31PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 01:36:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 05:26:59AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > > For the record, I am actively ignoring this "advice".
> > What's with the scare quotes?
> I think you're just stalling.

I really love trying to work with people who aren't even willing to
offer the benefit of any doubt in assuming the worst of me. You know,
it's polite to at least *pretend* that we're all working together.

FWIW, I think the fastest way to get rid of non-free is to work out
all the problems then present a single, coherent, justified plan of
how to deal with it all. You don't have to do that alone or anything,
but putting up half-arsed ideas like the two we've had so far ("let's
remove non-free without removing non-free!" and "let's *allow ourselves*
to remove non-free, even if we don't actually want to!") isn't going to
get anywhere IMO.

And personally, I'd rather get this nonsense over and done with rather
than remaining uncertain and half-hearted about keeping non-free for
another three or four years.

Anyway, how do you know I'm not trying to stall you by suggesting the
best possible course of action in the knowledge that you'll treat it as
an evil Cabal plot and so go to every possible length to avoid it?

Yeesh.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.