Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 02:04:11PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The real answer here is that we should seek a system where the most
> strategically beneficial vote is the one that's also sincere.
> Cloneproof SSD is supposed to provide this.  If the introduction of
> default options violates this property, that's something that should be
> considered.

No voting system is entirely free of insincere voting.  However,
Cloneproof SSD (as well as our variant which uses the default option)
is fairly immune.

In general, people who wish to vote insincerely need to have highly
accurate predictions of the outcome of the vote to make sure their
insincere vote doesn't result in an outcome less desirable than a
sincere vote.

Definition: "insincere vote" -- ranking option A above option B to ensure
some outcome which doesn't involve A winning.

--
Raul