Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 08:58:06AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> [3] The trivial "defense" against this "tactic" is to propose a new
> amendment that combines both the original option and this new option.
>
> This addresses the cases where the amendment is relevant and perhaps,
> in some people's eyes, a better idea than the original proposal.

That's not a case of interest to me in the immediate discussion, though.
I'd describe the above behavior as normal, expected, and healthy.

There's a reason the term "irrelevant amendments" is in the Subject:
header.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      There's no trick to being a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      humorist when you have the whole