Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:49:29PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:38:41 -0500, Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> said:
> > No. It can cause C to win by removing A and B from the running for
> > no good reason. That's the problem.
>
> 	Only if such ballots are deemed proper procedure.

I reviewed what I thought were the applicable clauses of the
Constitution in my original message in this subthread[1].

There doesn't appear to be anything to prevent such ballots from being
prepared, apart from self-restraint on the part of the developers from
proposing orthogonal (what I've been calling "irrelevant") amendments to
a proposal.  Obviously what we are exploring here is what happens if and
when that self-restraint fails.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200310/msg00168.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.