Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 03:12:57 -0500, Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> said:

> On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:49:29PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:38:41 -0500, Anthony DeRobertis
>> <asd@suespammers.org> said:
>> > No. It can cause C to win by removing A and B from the running
>> > for no good reason. That's the problem.
>>
>> Only if such ballots are deemed proper procedure.

> I reviewed what I thought were the applicable clauses of the
> Constitution in my original message in this subthread[1].

	The constitution does say that the secretary has control over
matters of procedure.

> There doesn't appear to be anything to prevent such ballots from
> being prepared, apart from self-restraint on the part of the
> developers from proposing orthogonal (what I've been calling
> "irrelevant") amendments to a proposal.  Obviously what we are
> exploring here is what happens if and when that self-restraint
> fails.

	The constitution does not say that we must take the next 10
 issues, and run them along with the next DPL election all in one
 vote; that would be, in my opinion, procedurally wrong.

	Or even take a few dozen issues and run just one vote; again,
 that is the wrong procedure.

	Unrelated options get separate debating periods, ballots, and
 votes. This is a procedural issue.

	manoj
--
Why don't somebody print the truth about our present economic
condition? We spent years of wild buying on credit, everything under