Re: Proposed ballot for the constitutional amendment

Hi,

now I am really confused.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:08:25AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >         "Do _NOT_ encrypt your ballot; the voting mechanism shall
> >         not be able to decrypt your message."
>
> > is to warn people that the mechanism cannot cope with encrypted
> > messages.  The sentence actually expresses your determination to
> > prevent its having that capability, which is a very unexpected
> > meaning.  Perhaps that is what you mean.
>
> 	*Sigh*. As I said before, I meant what I said.

Again, for the non-native english speakers among us.
You do not want the voting mechanism to be able to
decrypt messages.  This is not a technical limitation
but you want the votes to be sent unencrypted over
the internet.  Is this what you want to say?

Sorry about the confusiuon,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/