Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 08:20:11PM +0200, Markus Schulze wrote:
> That's strange! The majority requirement makes the default
> option lose. Doesn't that contradict the intention of the
> majority requirement?

I went back and looked at the proposal, and indeed that's the way it's
written -- I'd forgotten about that myself.  Now I'm trying to remember
all the earlier discussions and logic.

I will say that the purpose of the majority requirement is not to make
the default option win, but to eliminate candidates that people do not
agree are good ideas.

That said, I need to run some simulations before I make any more comments
on this subject.  [Which means dredging up code I barely remember
writing, bleah.]

--
Raul