Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

Hello Raul,

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 04:57:18PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> "Hard to understand"?  We'd require a certain level of voter approval
> before we'll consider an option -- options which don't achieve that
> can't win.  How is this "hard to understand"?
The thing which is hard to understand, is the following.
Dropping the option which nobody likes can change the
winner among the "interesting" options.

This is explained in detail at

    http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wwwstoch/voss/comp/quorum.html

There you will find an example, where voting in favor of an option B
will make this option loose, because of the quorum interferes.

I hope this helps,
Jochen
--
                                         Omm