Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:05:47AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

Hi,

> If the "winning" option is discarded due to quorum requirements, then
> given that all non-default options have the *same* quorum requirement,
> this is exactly what would happen.

I think this is not inherently true. Since all options are compared two by
two one of them could theorically defeat all the others but fail to defeat
the default one by the quorum requirement, while at the same time all the
others can defeat the default one with the necessary quorum margin...
This is, of course, a quite borderline case, but it indeed exists.

Bye,

Guido

--
Guido Trotter