Re: April 17th Draft of the Voting GR

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:09:18PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Unfortnatly, for me this has become les clear. Until this
>  point, I the verb defeat was undefined; and I think we need to define
>  defeat the verb before we define defeat the gerund.

Ok...

Here's A.6.4 rephrased with an explicit definition for "defeat", the noun.

I've also made explicit that only undropped defeats are used in
determining the schwartz set.

I've also introduced a possible precedence ambiguity by splitting the
definition of "transitive defeat" into two parallel rules.

     4. We construct the Schwartz set based on undropped options and
        defeats:
           a. An option A defeats an option B, if V(A,B) is strictly
              greater than V(B,A).
           b. (A,B) is a defeat of option B if option A defeats option B.
           c. If (A,C) is an undropped defeat then option A transitively
              defeats option C.
           d. If (A,B) is an undropped defeat, and option B transitively
              defeats option C, then option A transitively defeats
              option C.
           e. An option A is in the Schwartz set if for all options B,
              either A transitively defeats B, or B does not transitively
              defeat A.

I think this is ok.

Thanks,

--