Re: question about DPL election results

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:29:15AM -0500, Daniel Burrows <dnb114@psu.edu> was heard to say:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:25:58AM +0200, Jochen Voss <jvoss2@web.de> was heard to say:
> > >
> > > You have to look at (X,5) - (5,X), which gives you:
> > How this?  Do you have any references?  I do not find such a
> > rule, neither in current constitution nor in the current voting
> > amendment draft.
>
>   From the section of the constitution quoted earlier, the quorum is
> the number of people who must prefer an option to the default option.

  ...of course, this only applies to the winner, but presumably the
scripts did the calculation for everyone and ignored the results for all
the non-winning options.

  Daniel

|           Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.            |
\------- (if (not (understand-this)) (go-to http://www.schemers.org)) --------/