Re: General Resolution draft against spam.

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  Santiago> Unless you change ISP several times a week, this would not be a
>  Santiago> problem for you, Manoj.
>
> 	I change ISP's several times a month, and, indeed, sometimes
>  use more than 2 a week.

Well, but most people don't do that.

Can you configure your mail client so that it adds a custom header,
like "X-Debian:"? That would be more than enough to stop spammers, and
I believe it would be more than enough as well for people who change
ISP as often as you.

My points is that posting to a mailing list should be a privilege, not
a "right". There may be multiple ways to obtain this privilege. Being
subscribed is only one of them, being in the white list may be another
one, but I never said that they should be the only possible ways.