Re: General Resolution draft against spam.

 Santiago> On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> The answer is not to treat legitimate users like dirt, and
 >> force them to use the subscribe address (my subscribe address is
 >> never the address I post from).

 Santiago> No, you could subscribe the address you post from to the
 Santiago> "white list".

	These are not constant, nor known to me a priori. I travel a lot.

 Santiago> Unless you change ISP several times a week, this would not be a
 Santiago> problem for you, Manoj.

	I change ISP's several times a month, and, indeed, sometimes
 use more than 2 a week.

 Santiago> More to the point: When Bruce was the Project Leader, there
 Santiago> was a procedure to validate every email address using
 Santiago> cookies. You had only to answer the cookie once for every
 Santiago> different From: you want to use.  This procedure worked
 Santiago> very well, it didn't require any moderators, it was 100%
 Santiago> effective against spam, and it was never a big problem for
 Santiago> legitimate users.

	This pushes the burden on to innocent people; and that is what
 I object to. I often am not rachable at the addresses I post from;
 and hence can't answer cookies.

	manoj
--
 The youth of today and of those to come after them would assess the
 work of the revolution in accordance with values of their own ... a