Re: General Resolution draft against spam.

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	The answer is not to treat legitimate users like dirt, and
>  force them to use the subscribe address (my subscribe address is
>  never the address I post from).

No, you could subscribe the address you post from to the "white list".

Smartlist then would check that the From: is subscribed to the list you
are posting OR subscribed to the white list before accepting the message.

Unless you change ISP several times a week, this would not be a
problem for you, Manoj.

More to the point: When Bruce was the Project Leader, there was a
procedure to validate every email address using cookies. You had only
to answer the cookie once for every different From: you want to use.

This procedure worked very well, it didn't require any moderators, it
was 100% effective against spam, and it was never a big problem for
legitimate users.