Re: Question to the candidates about Debian and government

Le Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:46:33AM -0500, Dale E Martin écrivait:
> Do you have ideas about/interest in these issues?  Is it Debian's role to
> play, or someone else's?

I think that we shouldn't be a force that can influence a
government or anything like that. However I believe that we could
support third party initiatives that already exists. For example
in France, we have several associations which are working to
promote free software (including within the government) and
Debian's support may help them to be more credible.

This may be facilitated if we have local representatives
of Debian who can prepare announces to be submitted to
the press team.