Re: 3 questions

Le Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:03:40PM +0100, Noel Koethe écrivait:
> 1. How often should there be a stable release if possible?
> (every x month)

I give a 8 month timeframe in my platform. However I'd be happy
with anything below 12 monthes.

> 3. Branden wrote in his platform about removing non-free
> software from the Debian infrastructure especially the qmail
> MTA on lists.debian.org. Bdale and Raphael, should this step
> have a high priority in the Debian project?

As far as qmail is concerned, I'd be also happier if we could use a DFSG
free software instead, however it's up to the listmasters to decide of
that and I don't want to force them. They may consider other issues
(like implementing a good solution to get rid of the spam) more
urgent.

However if some people are motivated enough for that, I may ask the we
provide them an access to murphy so that they can prepare a "drop-in
replacement" for the setup in place. This could be submitted to the
listmasters afterwards.