Re: Opinions on crypto-in-main

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:02:04PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Crypto in main is already being moved forward. It will probably be in
> > working condition by the time a new DPL takes office. I'd go for some
> > better more forward-looking questions.
>
> I'm worried by the discussion on debian-legal.  Some people are
> raising what I think is FUD against the transition, and I don't want
> to vote for a DPL that seems taken in by the FUD.  So I want to know.

Legal FUD is not going to stop the momentum we already have. Almost all
of our ducks are in a row already. Two high profile lawyers (SPI's and
HP's) have already looked over the proposals for implementing things,
made suggestions on how to procede, and ftp-master's are diligently
adhering to those guidelines in preperation.

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '