Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:18:33AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> You don't think that it's official. I think it SHOULD BE because this
> channel has legitimacy for being such a channel. I think that we can
> officialize the existence of this IRC channel since its owner is an
> ex-DPL and that he probably don't have a problem with debian people
> using the channel in a way that is consistent with the current (and
> past) use of the channel.

But Wichert isn't required to implement the Debian policy. The
channel is not Debian-provided or Debian-administered.

The simple solution (from a non-IRCer's point of view) is to
get a more reasonable bunch of ops, eg drop Branden. And that
seems to be up to Wichert. We don't (AFAIK) give him access to
the subscription list for debian-devel or admin access on our
servers, else who knows what could happen.

Hamish