Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

On 04/10/01, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Branden> I propose that Michael Bramer be ordered to stop sending
>     Branden> automated mails to other developers (regarding the DDTS
>     Branden> or any other subject).

>     Branden> If he does not comply within 24 hours of ratification of
>     Branden> this proposal, he will be expelled from the Debian
>     Branden> Project.

> So, if he is using Debian machines, it seems he may already be
> violating the Debian machine AUP.  Certainly if I were doing something

Would you mind explaining which part of the AUP he is exactly
violating? I'm not aware of any violation of the AUP.

> Have you considered sending to debian-admin or abuse or whatever the
> appropriate contact is and formally complaining that you are receiving
> spam from a Debian machine?  If debian-admin makes a decision that

And would you mind trying to explain why exactly this mails are spam and
the mail from the BTS with information like "The BTS received the
following information" or from the Upload queue daemons with a content
like "Your package has been uploaded" are not considered as spam?

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)