Re: Politicians

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 08:53:59AM -0600, Ben Burton wrote:

> All the debate on this yes/no issue I am finding somewhat astounding.. did
> Branden not make his position quite clear?
>
> > Peter Makholm has sussed out what I meant by this.  I just want to see
> > resolution of the issue via a democratic process.
>
> He can't answer yes or no because he will take action to remove non-free iff
> the developer body votes for it.  What he promises is a referendum and action
> according to the result; how can you get clearer than that?
>
> (Hmmm.. then again, that's what Howard said about the Australian republic..
> *grin*)

I think the question Craig is trying to convey is "are you in favor of
removing non-free?", which is a yes or no question. Branden has not
stated whether he is in favor of this or not. If he were DPL, his opinion
could sway favor towards one side or the other, even if he can't
directly change the outcome.

Ben