Re: expiry announcement

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> > Uh, non-free is not going on Progeny CDs.  non-free is not now, and
> > never was, on Debian CDs.  I have no desire to see non-free on either
> > CDs.  I want neither to distribute non-free.  All the software being
> > written at Progeny is GPL'd.
>
> ftp://ftp.progeny.com/pub/progeny/dists/progeny/non-free
>
> You wished to completely remove non-free from Debian's servers, it's on
> Progeny's.  Lacking a clear position statement by Progeny, it can be
> assumed that everything on the Progeny FTP site is officially included
> within Progeny.  You wish neither to distribute non-free, put your ftpd
> where your mouth is.

It is comments like this from people like you that scare companies
away from working with Debian.  Progeny is committed to doing its
Debian development in public.  Our development tree is public.  We
have public development lists, etc.  That is what you are looking at.
While the innane comments of an misinformed conspiratorial troll are
not going to dissuade Progeny from giving back to Debian and working
with Debian in a positive way, imagine what other companies might be
thinking as they look at the way you are treating Progeny.

"He's ripping into them because archive maintenance on something that
isn't released hasn't been done yet!"

Gee, perhaps its because we were busy coding?

Also, if you couldn't find a position statement from Progeny, then you
haven't been reading debian-devel, looking at our website, reading
slashdot, or even listening to me.  You have been told.  It is not my
fault if you choose to ignore.

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>                       www.complete.org
Sr. Software Developer, Progeny Linux Systems, Inc.    www.progenylinux.com