Re: expiry announcement

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> No, the months of tedious flamewars were brought about by your
> hypocritical, ill-advised, and divisive GR.  The DPS is not completely
> blameless in this issue, but "let ye who is without sin cast the first
> stone" and brother that places you at the end of the line.  It's amazing
> how you shield the fact that you made an extra-constitutional GR by
> screaming how the vote wasn't IAW the constitution and whining about how

IAW?

On what basis do you claim it's "extra-constitutional"?

> $gremlin_of_the_hour is MIA when you fail to recieve a response within
> some pathetically small amount of time.  To be more precise, one could ask
> at what point in this process you became such an adherent of the
> constitution, before or after you tried to use it for financial gain?  Now

Pardon me, but this is just stupid trolling.

The Constitution is the process by which my GR must proceed.  When, or
whether, I am an "adherent" of the Constitution is irrelevant.  The
fact is, it's there, and I follow it in these procedural matters just
like anyone else.

> that the makeup of the Progeny CDs and the Progeny philosophy is public
> knowlege, it's perfectly plain that you wished to retain non-free in the
> Progeny CDs while hamstringing the Debian project's ability to do the
> same.  You failed, and now you're screaming at the top of your lungs about
> the unconstitutionality of others actions to cover your own malfeasance.

Uh, non-free is not going on Progeny CDs.  non-free is not now, and
never was, on Debian CDs.  I have no desire to see non-free on either
CDs.  I want neither to distribute non-free.  All the software being
written at Progeny is GPL'd.

Furthermore, my arguments for non-free removal were based on solely
ethical arguments, not monetary ones.  Had you cared to check, you
would have seen that I have advocated those issues long before I
started to work for Progeny.

-- John

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>                       www.complete.org