Re: The constitution and the social contract

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 04:08:45PM -0500, Buddha Buck wrote:
> I'm not sure it's a level of distrust, as much as a desire for a
> sense of impartiality. Raul, in conducting this vote, would have
> -three- hats to juggle: developer, Chair of the Technical Committee,
> and Acting Secretary. As developer, he should be able to speak his
> opinion and participate freely. As Chair of the Tech Comm, he should
> speak only the decided opinion of the Tech Comm, and as Secretary, his
> opinion shouldn't be a factor.

Hmm.., there's a good point there.  Though it's actually four roles: I
think potential acting secretary should be distinct from acting secretary
[for when I'm not acting secretary, and I'm discussing the possibility
that I need to step in as acting secretary.]

I'll make a point of labelling my posts when being anything other than
a normal developer.

[This post, by the way, is from the perspective of all of my roles --
but most especially that of potential acting secretary.]

Thanks,

--
Raul