Re: current ballot must be withdrawn per Constitution A.5

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:25:00PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> The Chairman of the Technical Committee, who is not a person known for
> his active role in the project. He too has failed to discharge his
> duties in a timely fashion.

Excuse me?

When?  [If you mean allowing this social contract vote to languish,
see below.]

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:26:52AM +1100, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> > There is provision in the Constitution (§7.2) for the Chairman
> > of the Technical Committee to make or delegate a decision if the
> > Project Secretary is unavailable.

It's true that the technical committee chairman has the option of standing
in for the project secretary, when the secretary is unavailable.

However, that doesn't mean he's obligated to step in and act when a
proposal is dying for lack of interest.

--
Himself <moth@debian.org>