Re: current ballot must be withdrawn per Constitution A.5

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 12:42:17PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> It also scares me that people seem to be extending the Secretary's
> power to "interpret" the constitution to "amend the Constitution
> whenever he feels like it."
>
> I repeat again:
>
> THERE IS NO PROVISION IN THE CONSTITUTION FOR REQUIRING A
> SUPERMAJORITY FOR THIS GR.
>
> How can the Secretary interpret something that is absent?

There was a proposal in a previous thread to require a 3/1
majority on such documents I believe.  Would it not make
sense to vote on that proposal in order to determine if a
3/1 vote is actually supported by Debian developers?

Cheers,
Shane

--
Shane Wegner: shane@cm.nu