Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

* Ean R . Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> [000928 12:25]:
> To return to the crux of the biscuit, article 1 of the social contract says
> that commercial software will not be part of the "distribution", period.
> Five then says that we will offer commercial software via FTP, those concepts
> seem to be fundamentally at odds.

Constitutionality aside, if non-free is removed from debian, I will miss
acroread and netscape and unzip. (I don't usually need zip, since
windows users can also grok .tar.gz with winzip)

I imagine some other people might miss their rsa and idea modules for
gpg. (Which reminds me, why is the rsa module for gpg still in non-free?)

Being the champions of free software doesn't always mean we have to be
extremists about it. :)

Just my two cents.