Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 06:41:27PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 09:51:40PM -0500, Ean R . Schuessler wrote:
> > software. With the advent of broadband, the growth of commercial Linux
> > software and other factors, article 5 looks more and more like an appendage.
>
> Not all the world is the US.

True, but it is only a matter of time and a short one at that. I think that
my statement should be reworded. Essentially I am saying that there was a
time when Debian had to distribute software via FTP because it was the only
convenient way to give users access to that software. The advent of apt, and
the plethora of commercial Debian vendors certainly change that situation.

To return to the crux of the biscuit, article 1 of the social contract says
that commercial software will not be part of the "distribution", period.
Five then says that we will offer commercial software via FTP, those concepts
seem to be fundamentally at odds.

Ean Schuessler                Director of New Products and Technologies
Brainfood, Inc.                  The Unstoppable Fist of Digital Action
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.