Re: The Gordian Knot (was Re: Negative Summary of the Split Proposal)

> By making it very easy for a user who doesn't have rights to a package
> to use such software without informed consent about those rights, we're
> technically guilty of contributory infringement.
>
> No one has complained to us about this yet, but that doesn't make it
> right.

There was actually an Ask Slashdot question posted a few days ago on
this very subject.

Most of the responses (when I looked) were along the lines of "There's
*this* free software that does the same thing." Few actually addressed
the licensing issue.  There is probably some relevant discussion
there, though.

Greg

The geek shall inherit the earth.