Re: Negative Summary of the Split Proposal

    Richard, Debian has pledged in our social contract to support our users of
    non-free software and our users in general, please review
    http://www.debian.org/social_contract, particularly point 5.

I explicitly acknowledged in my previous message that Debian is going
to do this.  If you think I was disputing this issue, I guess my

    It is entirely accurate to say that *Debian* has to ask that question.

The social contract says that Debian should support non-free software
as well as free software, but there are many ways to do that.  Until
now, Debian has not asked users a question of this kind.  So I hope
that people will keep in mind the other alternative ways to carry out
the social contract, and not assume that asking this kind of question
is the only way.